Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Islington Tap, Thebreton Street


I hate poor service in a bar, it’s all so avoidable and needless really. The Islington Tap is a fairly run of the mill Islington local. It’s on Theberton Street, off the main drag that is Upper Street with its endless run of Slug and Lettuce, Pitcher and Piano stylee pubs. Upper Street on a Saturday night in full swing is only for those of a strong constitution, it’s usually all a bit much for me. However, the Islington Tap is usually a little less out-on-the-lash than this and not so busy. Not being so busy should in theory mean less of a wait at the bar, not so unfortunately. I got ignored by two bar staff for over fifteen minutes last night and have resolved never to go back. For God’s sake it’s not rocket science to serve people in order or interpret the fact that me standing with twenty notes in my hand at the bar means I want a drink now is it?

No comments: